Money… Money .. money… Yes, almost everything needs money in this world. You want to buy that, want to buy this, want to pay bills want to buy food, you know right? Ohh my. How to make money online from home in 2020? If there is an easy way to earn money.
The year 2020, is a year where it tests many people, most of us are in lockdown and many are unable to make a living and many people lose their jobs. In today’s blog post I will share How To Make Money Online From Home 2020. I list 15 methods you can try, maybe you will find a method that suits you.
Either you are staying a home mom or a working mom like me, we are always busy organizing home and managing our kids and families. If you want some tips on how to be productive and find time to make money online, you can read my post Best Tips How To Be Productive As A Working Mom.
Some of the methods I tried before and some not, but I know it works because some of my friends tried them. Before that, I was very lucky to still be able to work. Yes, I am a teacher and I do not lose my job like everyone else. In short, I am a person who works with the government. One of my sisters is a nurse, and you know that in this covid-19, nurses and doctors are the busiest people, they are still working.
But one of my sister and other brothers work in hotels and airlines and you guess? Yes right, they lost their job and are unemployed at home. I am the one who supports them for now. At least it helps a bit.
My husband does not work, and you know how hard it is for me to support my children and siblings now. If someone rich accidentally transferring their money into my account and don’t mind about it all, that will be such a huge relief. Hahaha! Sorry… I think I watch a movie like that somewhere… Okay, stop dreaming Alia…
What I have listed below maybe can help you earn money from home in 2020, I have done most of it, some I like and some I do not like at all, but that is better than not trying at all right? Who knows one of the ways below is right for you.
Hmm… You know what, let me share a little bit about me. A habit that I love about myself, I am addicted to knowledge. And I love reading to add my knowledge, motivation, productivity, crafts, and make money books. Anything that caught my attention to increase the potential of myself I buy and I read. It is true when people say, knowledge is important because you will know how to think about what you need to do to survive in this harsh world.
15 Ways How to Make Money Online from Home 2020
1) Start a blog – Blog today is not a blog like 20 years ago where it is used as a place to share personal stories. Yes, all that is now being updated on social media sites that are becoming more and more popular now such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
How to make money with a blog? It’s endless! Advertising, affiliate marketing, selling through blogs, and if your blog is popular many people will pay you to advertise their products on your blog. Blogs need a little money to get started, If you know something that can be shared with the world, you can help more people through your blog.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
And if you don’t know how to start a blog, I recommend the course from Suzy Whitford Start A Mom Blog, and Elite Blog Academy if you have more money. I tried both and I like them. To start a blog you only need to pay for a domain and hosting. I use Siteground and Bluehost to host my blog. Both are good from my experience.
2) Become an online tutor – Okay, maybe you want fast money, as you know blogging will take some time. To be a teacher you don’t need to be an expert like having a Ph.D. You only need to better and one step forward from your students. Now we have various mediums such as zoom, google meet, youtube, FB live. That’s what I use when teaching my students and I think it’s not a difficult thing.
Photo by Julia M Cameron from Pexels
It’s easy to teach people without having to leave the house. You used to be great at math? Science? Or whatever the subject. You don’t have to teach adults but you can teach the children if you are great with kids activity or subjects. If you have a talent for playing the guitar or drawing, you can also teach them online.
3) Open a youtube channel – If you don’t have any money to start your blog, how about open a youtube channel? But I’m not good at making videos and I don’t have any fancy camera… Now almost everyone has a smartphone. You do not need an expensive camera to record and make videos.
Editing can also be done easily on a smartphone. Can you sing, or play a musical instrument or are you a great magician? There are many videos that to me seem like nothing on youtube, but the view huh! As a human, we have a lot of differences from what we love and like, you will find someone who will like your videos and have the same interest.
I heard most of the popular Youtuber can make thousands and even more. There are even YouTubers who only rely on youtube without having to work. Their income is very lucrative. The course I recommend is ABC.
Hmm… But I have no content idea? I think one of the easiest videos I’ve ever seen is to make a reaction video… This is my opinion only, what they do is they react with popular videos. You don’t need to make your own. And most people like to see other’s reactions.
If you shy to be in front of the camera, you do not have to be in front of the camera to make a video. Find content you like, and create it in slide form, it seems like a blog but in the form of a video, or copy the lyrics of your favorite song. You can try almost everything, it’s endless!
4) Selling at Etsy – I once opened a handmade bag and pencil case shop at Etsy back in 2008. And I did not expect people from the USA and the UK to buy it. That is something that is very exciting when someone wants to buy the things you make. Are you good at sewing? Woodworking or drawing or whatever you can produce by hand. You do not need a website and opening a store on Etsy does not require a large cost. Just a few cents to list your stuff on Etsy.
Photo by Anthony Shkraba from Pexels
5) Selling food – In the current lockdown situation, people can not always buying food outside. Many are also lazy or don’t have time to cook on their own. If you know how to cook, how about selling your food to them? No need to cook special foods, just simple things like spaghetti or burgers or any other food like waffles and others.
You can accept orders through your personal Facebook and deliver from house to house when the foods ready. Or use the runner service if you don’t want to leave the house to deliver the food. I used this method to sell cakes and cookies, and the income is not bad.
6) Sell your unwanted goods – It’s time to declutter your house. This is a good way to become minimalist if you have a lot of unused stuff. Do you have unwanted clothes or things that are still can be used? How about selling it before it becomes damaged or bad. Clothes that are no longer used or do not fit, shoes, or books from your school days. You can sell on eBay or social media. At least there is also money from letting the goods unused. And your house also looks clearer too.
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels
7) Be a drop shipper – You can open an online store like Shopify or use your blog, or just open a Facebook shop if you want something free. Many companies offer dropshipping services. All you have to do is use a picture of their product and upload it to your online store.
When there is a customer order, you just need to order and the company will arrange delivery to your customer. You just have to mark up your price to make some profit. So, you do not need to buy wholesale and keep stock at home.
How about taking goods from the nearest supermarket to sell? When someone order from your website, just buy the goods from the supermarket and pack them. It’s like you have the whole supermarket and you don’t have to buy the things before selling them.
8) Become an Affiliate – Don’t want to manage customer orders? Why not become an affiliate. This one is easier if you have a blog. Or you can use social media to promote your affiliate links. The best thing is you don’t have to deal directly with customers. Everything will be handle by the product company.
The only thing you do is bring the people to their website. How to promote? You can do a review on Facebook or your blog or youtube channel and include the product links.
9) Create an ebook – If you know how to write, it doesn’t matter if you want to write a fiction book or a non-fiction book. If you have knowledge of something, in addition to being a tutor you can also produce an ebook and list it on kindle amazon. Who knew you could produce a bestseller book after this.
Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels
10) Create a course – You can use a third party website like Teachable, Thinkific, Mykajabi, and Udemy platform to sell your course. Or use a blog if you have it. If you want a free option, create a group or Facebook page… Price for the course is more expensive compared to ebooks. Probably a factor that it looks more professional and takes time to make it. You can take a video where you talk about what you are teaching or just make a powerpoint slide.
11) Do other people’s work – You know how to type fast or know other languages you can translate? Why not use your skills to help others. You can list your service at Fiverr and charge for the work you do for them. Fiverr is a freelance service website where people list their service to make money. From writing content, resume, managing social media, thinking business names, there’s a lot of services listed there. Maybe you can do something and make money there.
12) Drop services – This one acts as a drop shipper, but the difference is dropship uses physical goods, but this one is more to the services. Talking about Fiverr, you can use the service there and be the middle man. Other people will not know that it is not you who creates the logo or other services. Just markup your price compared to the actual price in Fiverr.
13) Repairing damaged items – Do you know how to repair things? You can make this a service in your home area. You can ask the customer to send a computer, TV, washing machine, or other things to your home and when it is ready you ask them to take it back. You do not even have to leave the house, maybe you charge cheaper than the store and for sure they will come to your house to repair their household appliances.
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
14) Sell vegetables – Hah! This may be difficult if you live in an apartment but it is not impossible, you can just use the hydroponics method to grow vegetables. If you have a backyard, you can sell vegetables from your home and neighbors do not need to go to the market to buy them. Maybe the income is not as luxurious as others but you will definitely have regular customers later if you can supply them with fresh vegetables.
15) Sell photos – If you like to take beautiful pictures you can sell on photo websites such as Shutterstock and Bigstock. You don’t even need a fancy camera to use a smartphone. If your photo is sold, you will receive money from the stock photo website.
Here are 15 ways to make money from home. Do you have an easier way? Write a comment below. If you like this article do not forget to share ya!
Anyway, hope what I shared today helps.